Hip-hop superstar, entrepreneur and tech visionary will.i.am has launched an exclusive eyewear collection for Specsavers, available in store from 23 May 2018.
Building on his lifelong passion for striking eyewear, which was first inspired by the hip-hop icons of his youth – such as Run DMC and Flava Flav – the 17-piece collection references classic and iconic styles with an innovative and futuristic twist.
will.i.am said: ‘What makes my collection and designs unique are the subtleties and attention to detail that gives them the extra ‘oomph’, while remaining entirely wearable. I want my line to inspire everyone to accessorise with glasses in a dope way.’
He continued: ‘Glasses are the best way to make your outfit look fresh, put together, yet unique. If I am going to take the time to make sure my shoes, coat and hat look good together, I’m always going to complete the outfit with a great pair of glasses.’
The will.i.am collection at Specsavers, £125 per pair including standard single vision lenses and included in Specsavers’ two for one offer.
Key Styles include:
- Ends -
Issued by Beattie Communications on behalf of Specsavers
Specsavers notes to editors
- Specsavers is a partnership of almost 2,000 locally-run businesses throughout the world -all committed to delivering high quality, affordable optical and hearing care in the communities they serve.
- Each store is part-owned and managed by its own joint venture partners who are supported by key specialists in support offices
- More than 28 million customers used Specsavers in 2014 and the partnership had a turnover of more than £2bn.
- More than one in three people who wear glasses in the UK buy them from Specsavers.
- Specsavers is a champion of the National Health Service – of its 19.2m customers in the UK, 60% are from the NHS and the company is the largest provider of free NHS digital hearing aids
- Specsavers supports several UK charities and is in partnership with RNIB for a public awareness campaign to transform the nation’s eye health.